HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Driver
You can customize the installation of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 driver for Windows Server editions, 2003 to 2012. Select your features and then deploy the machine configuration to computers using a script that can control the installation process.
- Prior to beginning your installation process, you must verify the Windows operating system that you are using, if it is Server 2003, 2012 or 2008.
- Then verify the version of the OS if it is 64-bit or 32 bit
- Thereafter check the printer’s installed language
- And finally, gather the type of connection the printer uses either the network or USB
Customizing the Installation
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 driver printer can be customized for the installation. You must first copy all the software and driver files and then select the relevant features. Then, the files for distribution must be collected to be installed on client computers. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer is then connected to the client computers. You can copy the files either from the setup disk or the web pack.
- If you are using the setup disk that came with the printer, then insert into the device
- To copy the files, first create a folder in a location on your system
- Then look for the files in the disk, select them and right click to select ‘Copy’
- And paste the files into the device’s folder
- For those who are using the web pack go to the Software and Drivers page to identify the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 driver
- Select your device type from the following:
- Once you select ‘Printer’ you just enter your product name and click on ‘Submit’
- You may be prompted to enter the printer number
- Then, click on ‘Next’ to select your model name and then choose ‘Software and Driver Downloads’
- If you are prompted to select your operating system at the drop-down arrow and then select it
- Look for the Full Feature Software and Driver
- See all the options you have for download and then press ‘Download’
- There are also progressive instructions available under ‘View directions’
- When you select ‘Save’ you must also identify the location where you wish to save the file on your computer
- Then click on ‘Save’ again to download the software and drivers to your PC
- Use a decompression program like 7-Zip to extract the executable file
The Importance of MSI
- You must install MSI to get a software that is compatible with the printer
- All supporting and relevant software is installed by MSI
- The drivers for the system are also preinstalled so that when a network printer is connected, users can run their tasks seamlessly
- At the root of the CD image you will find two MSIs with two different suffixes ‘x86’ and ‘x64’
- The printer’s model number, name, and other details of the device are stored in the MSI
- 32-bit Windows versions use the x86 MSI while the 64-bit Windows versions use x64 MSI
- Customize the install
- You can tailor the process by creating a command to selecting features and parameters making the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 driver installation really easy.